The Sanders County Collaborative (SCC) is a diverse group of citizens engaged in learning and offering suggestions on natural resources management on public lands located within western Montana with a primary focus on Sanders County and the Plains/Thompson Falls Ranger District.
- Promote sustainable timber harvest and other economic development in Sanders County
- Help public agencies expedite project implementation and completion by providing diverse input into project planning – helping to frame the projects to offer multiple benefits
- Support recreational use of public lands and encourage expanded access
- Strive to generate a unified voice on potential actions in the management of public lands
- Look for those opportunities where management can balance social, economic, and ecosystem benefits
- Help public agencies create projects and provide input on agency programs of work
- Offer follow-up and monitoring on completed projects